Sims 4 is a popular virtual world game to unleash your imagination but a good number of gamers reported the Sims 4 stuck on loading screen problem and won’t proceed further, no matter how long they wait. For some users, the problem starts to occur after downloading mods or the custom content in their game and while launching the game takes forever to load. Whereas few mentioned after updating the game it stuck on the screen while selecting the household and the gameplay.
As it turns the problem is seen generally while launching the game so there are ample chances a corruption in the game installation or the recently downloaded items like mods, or custom content is causing the problem. Additionally, after investigating we find out there are other culprits as well for the Sims 4 freezes on the loading screen, so we have put together the list of reasons along with the troubleshooting solutions to solve the error. So, without further ado, let jump into it.
Why is My Sims 4 Stuck on Loading Screen?
- Damaged Game file – Sometimes the game files get damaged while installing and when you try to launch and run the particular game it causes a problem like being stuck on the loading screen. Reinstalling the game may work for you to solve the problem.
- Incompatible or corrupted mods – If you installed mods on Sims 4 then this might be a culprit causing the problem. Some of the outdated or incompatible mods might hinder the game from running or launching. Uninstalling the mods on Sims 4 might work for you.
- Outdated Windows – If you haven’t updated your system for a while or are seeing disable the automatic update then you can’t run the Sims 4 game. The game might face incompatibility issues and start causing problems while running. Updating Windows with the latest update may resolve the problem.
- Programs running the background – Many times the 3rd party programs running in the background eat entire system resources and conflict with the proper functioning of the game. Disabling the useless 3rd party programs may work for you.
- Origin cache corrupted – If the origin cache files get corrupted or outdated then it can lead the Sims 4 stuck on loading screen problem. Clearing the origin cache may work for you to solve the problem.
- Antivirus confliction – Many times the 3rd party antivirus installed on your system start conflicting with the game’s files and also stop it from running. So, check if you have installed any antivirus program then turn off the antivirus program temporarily or uninstall it.
So, these are some of the common reasons responsible for the occurrence of the Sims 4 stuck on loading screen problem. Let’s head to working solutions that worked for various gamers to solve the problem and start playing the game without any hurdle.
Before starting with the fixes sometimes the quick works for the users to solve the problem in their case. So first try the basic workarounds as this help you to get past the common glitches and bugs that stop the game from running.
- Reload the game – When you see the error simply save the game, quit, and reload it. After reloading the game check if the problem is resolved or not.
- Check the internet connection – If your internet connection keeps disconnecting or not working properly then this can also stop the Sims 4 from loading, or you may get stuck in the loading screen. Sometimes the WIFI connection also interrupts the network flow or becomes inconsistent. So, try connecting using a wired connection or switch to a different network connection to find out if the problem is related to an internet problem.
Repair the Sims 4
As it turns out another thing you need to fix the problem is to repair the Sim 4. Many users reported that they were able to fix the problem by repairing the Sim 4 files, as this repairs the bad configuration and the corrupted files present in the game structure that interrupt the game from running properly and even stuck on and loading screen.
So here follow the steps given to do so:
- First launch Origin and head to the My Games
- Then locate Sims 4 and right-click on it, and choose the options Repair.
- Now start following the on-screen instructions for finishing the repairing process.
Make sure to wait for the repairing process to complete, it might take 30 minutes and as the process end then reboot your system and see if the error is fixed and you can launch Sims 4.
Remove the Origin Cache Files
Another best way to fix the error message is to clear the Origin cache on your Windows system. The cache is the temporary files that store the basic information of the app or the game to make the better fast experience. But many times, the cache files get damaged to cause various issues and errors. So, clear the stored cache on your Windows system to solve the error.
Go to the given location on your Windows system:
But if in case you won’t see the Origin cache files in the given locations, then unhide the file by following the location:
- Open the Cortana’s search bar and type Folder and then hit the Enter key
- Now on the File Explorer Options, go to the View tab
- Locate the option Show hidden files, folders, and drives option and tick mark the box next to it.
- Then click on Apply and then OK to accomplish the changes.
Now try to launch the Sims 4 game and see if the problem appears or head to the next potential fix.
Remove the Mods/Custom Content in Sims 4
This fix is applicable for the players who installed mods for the Sims 4 game. Many gamers tend to install mods to get a better gaming experience. The mods after installing change the game behavior and override the stock functionality and settings. Well, the mods are not developed by the game developers, it is developed by the gamers or some individuals, therefore it probably in many cases users reported Sims 4 mods not working and this might start causing issues and error while loading Sims 4.
And to fix the Sims 4 loading screen problem it is suggested to remove the mods. Follow the instructions to do so:
- Go to theSims 4installation directory.
- Next, navigate to the following sub-directory: Electronic arts > Sims 4 > Mods
- Then copy the mods folder available there and paste it on the desktop and launch the game.
- Check if you can launch the game then copy one mod from the mods folder placed on the desktop and then paste in the new mods folder created by Sim 4.
- Now try running the Sims 4 and make sure it loads everything and works fine also see if you can launch it.
- If you won’t face any problem while running the game then paste the mods one by one in the mods folder and relaunch the game to find out the problematic one.
- And once you start seeing the error then uninstall the particular problematic mod.
But if in case this solution is not applicable in your case, then try the next solution.
Disable the Antivirus Program
Undoubtedly antivirus programs are important to keep your data safe but sometimes they may trigger issues and block the game files from running.
So, if you have installed any 3rd party antivirus program then disable it temporarily and relaunch the game to see if the problem persists or not.
But if you don’t see any error then you need to add the Sim 4 game to the exclusion list in the antivirus and relaunch the game.
Note: The steps to add Sims 4 to the antivirus exclusion list might differ, as per the antivirus program you installed on your system.
So, follow the steps accordingly.
- Click on theHometab and chooseSettings.
- And click on theGeneraltab then click the Exclusionsoption to add Sims 4 to the antivirus exception list.
- Then save the settings and reboot your system to let the changes take effect.
After disabling the Avast antivirus check if the problem is fixed or not.
AVG Antivirus Program
- Click on the Home tab and launch Settings
- In the Setting, window locate and click on the General tab and click on option Components
- Tap on the Web Shield option, then click the Show Blocked Websites option
- Simply add Sims 4 in the antivirus exclusion section and save the settings.
Kaspersky Internet Security
- Click theHometab then theSettingsoption
- In the Settings page, click on the Additional option
- Find theThreats and Exclusions option andclick on theExclusions option
- Select theoption Specify Trusted Applications then clickAdd option.
- Add Sims 4 game in the exclusion list and save the changes.
After adding Sims 4 to the antivirus exclusion list, you can turn on your antivirus software and it is estimated now the Sims 4 stuck on loading screen problem is resolved.
End the Unnecessary Third-Party Program
Many times, the 3rd party programs running in the background eat up the entire system resources and cause various problems and this might cause the Sims 4 launch problem. So, here it is suggested to end the unwanted program running the background from the Task Manager.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Launch the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl+shift+Esc keys.
- Now and in the window that appears go to the Processes tab
- Check for programs running in the background and if there are instances of the Sims 4 running.
- Then right-click on the process you require and press the End task button.
After that relaunch the Sims 4 and see if the problem gets fixed. If in case you still see the error then try the next potential fix.
Update the Windows System
Some users managed to fix the Sims 4 stuck on loading screen problem by updating the Windows system with the latest available update. The latest updates bring hotfixes to solve glitches and make it more stable and compatible with the latest applications.
Also, the Sims 4 won’t open on the outdated windows version, so install the latest update on your Windows version.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Right-click on the Windows icon and from the menu select the Settings option
- Now on the Settings window, look for the Update & security option and click on it.
- Then hit the Check for updates button
- Look for and download the available updates
- As the updates are installed, look for the latest update or patch available for Sims 4.
To check for the latest game update, right-click on the Sims 4 game in Origin and choose the Search for Updates option.
After updating the game, try relaunching it and see if the error still appears or not.
Reset to Factory Settings
If none of the solutions listed proved to be effective for you then try resetting the game to factory settings without reinstalling. Many problems are identified on the custom content or if the corruption occurs in the userdata.
So, if this case is applicable that the easy way to solve the problem is to reset the game to the factory settings without reinstalling it completely.
NOTE – The process to do so might differ depending on the operating system.
Follow the instructions given to do so:
- First backup the Sims 4 folder by heading to the location Documents\ElectronicArts to the external hard drive or the different location on the hard drive. And after successfully creating the backup, follow the steps to reset it.
- Then in the Documents\ElectronicArts location rename the Sims 4 folder to Sims4_Backup
- Now launch the game (you can see that your entire saved games would be gone, and the options would be reset to the factory settings as well as your entire custom content will be removed. No need to worry, as you can access it from the backup folder).
- You can see that the latest Sims 4 folder is recreated in the folder – documents\electronicArts. Also, some folders may go missing, and they can be created whenever you require them.
- Now restart a new game without adding anything from the backup.
- And if it starts without any problem then put back the saved game and try to launch your game again.
- Now if you still won’t see any error then try putting the stuff like Options.ini, Tray folder, Custom content, Mods, rest of the saved games one by one and relaunch the game.
It is estimated after following the solutions listed the Sims 4 stuck on loading screen error world be resolved completely. Feel free to try the solutions listed and circumvent the problem in your case.
- Sea of Thieves Stuck On Loading Screen? Try these fixes
- How To Fix FIFA 2022 Not Loading (Stuck at Loading Screen)
- World War 3 Stuck at Loading Map? Try these methods
- Fix Xbox Stuck on Green Loading Screen? 'Green Screen of Death' on Xbox One
What to do if Sims 4 is stuck on loading screen? ›
Restart your computer and go back to game – Make sure your computer has more than enough RAM. Make sure your graphics card is up to date – If it is a Nvidia card, try updating it with new drivers. If you're still stuck, then reinstalling the game is your best option in most cases.How do you unfreeze Sims 4? ›
Sometimes your Sims get stuck in The Sims 4, but you can reset them with the “resetSim” command in the cheat window.Why is my Sims 4 loading screen taking so long? ›
If the game loads quickly in a clean folder, the problem is likely corrupt or outdated mods or custom content. You'll need to sort though your files manually, which you can do in the clean folder.Why am I stuck on loading screen? ›
In some cases, the "Windows stuck on loading screen" issue is caused by Windows updates or other problems. At this time, you can enter the Safe Mode, do nothing, and then reboot your computer to help the computer start normally again. Safe Mode starts with a minimum set of drivers, software, and service.What to do if Sims 4 is stuck on loading screen Mac? ›
- In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
- Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
- Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. ...
- Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.
This is not a joke. In Sims 4, when you press Alt+F4, the game will not be shut down directly. Instead, a window will pop up first to ask if you need to save your progress before exiting the game.
- Go to My Documents.
- Find The Sims 4 folder.
- Click on it and press Delete.
- Confirm you want to delete the folder.
- Empty your Recycle Bin.
- Restart your computer.
- Fix 1: Launch the Game in Compatibility Mode.
- Fix 2: Change Affinity of the Game Process.
- Fix 3: Add Sims 4 to the Exclusion List in Your Antivirus.
- Fix 4: Exclude the Game Files From DEP.
- Fix 5: Update Graphics Card Driver.
- Fix 6: Disable Proxy.
Clear your cache!
It's important to clear your save game cache every now and then. Go to Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 and delete content from folders that we indicated, including the localthumbcache. package file.
You can speed up the game loading by closing unwanted programs, performing disk defragment, updating graphics card drivers, restating your PC in Clean Boot state, and upgrading your hard disk drive to SSD.
How long should I wait for Sims 4 to load? ›
Loading times typically range from 2-5 minutes.How do I make Sims 4 load faster? ›
The best way to reduce lag in Sims 4 is to clean out your computer by deleting old or unused files. You can also merge custom content files to speed up Sims 4, or change your game settings to reduce the strain on your computer.Why is my PC stuck on a black loading screen? ›
If you see the full black screen before login, it's probably caused by a malfunctioning device driver or hardware issue. If the blank screen happens after login, there's probably something wrong with Windows, like a buggy Windows 10 update, or a problem with an installed application.Why won't my Mac get past the loading screen? ›
If your Mac is stuck on this screen or keeps restarting
Press and hold the power button on your Mac for up to 10 seconds, until your Mac turns off. Every Mac has a power button. On laptop computers that have Touch ID, press and hold Touch ID. Turn your Mac back on.
Hardware: Faulty memory (RAM), hard disk drive (HDD), solid-state drive (SSD), motherboard, processor, or a power supply unit (PSU) can all be responsible for the blue screen crashes. Overheating: your computer may display the BSOD if it's overheating due to dust, defective fans, or overburdened hardware.How do you exit a game when it freezes? ›
Solution 1: Quit and restart the game
If you're unable to close the game by selecting X, select Ctrl + Alt + Delete, and then select Task Manager. In Task Manager, select the game you want to close, and then press End task.
Soon they will get Frostbite, and after 3 hours they'll Freeze Solid. If their hunger need completely depletes, they'll die of Freezing. The Sim's ghost will be very light blue, and their clothes and hair will be darker.Can you have abortions in Sims 4? ›
To have an abortion in The Sims 4, players must pay an amount of the game's fictional currency (1,000 Simoleons). They cannot perform the procedure beyond the second trimester of the pregnancy. The character will feel guilty “in most circumstances”, notes Axios.Can you undo a Sim death? ›
Click the Grim Reaper and press the Delete key. Click the dead Sim and press the Delete key. The Sim's icon should now have a crosshair on it. Click the crosshair to resurrect the Sim.Can I revive a dead Sim Sims 4? ›
The easiest way to resurrect a dead Sim is to have another Sim beg the Grim Reaper to spare their life. When the Grim Reaper appears upon the death of a Sim, select the option to plead on the Grim Reaper. There are slight variations to this interaction depending on the Sim's mood when pleading.
When did Sims 5 release? ›
Despite a rocky launch in 2014, the game has shown impressive longevity thanks to a stream of new packs, regular free base game updates, and a loyal, passionate fanbase. But on October 18, 2022, EA and Maxis offered a first glimpse at the future of the franchise. Here's everything you need to know about The Sims 5.Why is Origin not letting me play Sims 4? ›
Dot.: Origin won't let me play the Sims 4
- If you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache. package file in the game folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name and try the launch the game. - If it also will not work check if your firewall isn't blocking the game.
|File size||Broadband speed|
|10GB||2.2 hours||38.1 mins|
|50GB||11.1 hours||3.2 hours|
|100GB||22.2 hours||6.4 hours|
- Step 1: Update Chrome. ...
- Step 3: Reset your Internet connection. ...
- Step 4: Check your cache and cookies.
Speed of hard drive, CPU speed, memory amount, and for some games network speed and quality. During the load screen the game does several things. First it loads assets like maps, models and textures from memory. This requires hard disk speeds, and using an ssd can improve this portion significantly.Is 16GB RAM enough for Sims 4? ›
You must notice that many game providers (like SIMS 4 or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare) recommend game players to better have 8GB or 16GB of RAM memory to run their games.How much RAM does Sims 4 need to run? ›
The initial install size is only about 10 GB, but you'll need a lot more space than that if you plan on installing other expansion or game packs like The Sims 4: Island Living. A simple 4 GB of RAM is also needed, but that amount is very common in today's PC gaming world.How much RAM does Sims 4 need to run smoothly? ›
4GB RAM is the minimum Sims 4 system requirements. Nowadays most people use 8GB RAM on their PC. So if you want to make sure that the game Sims 4 can run smoothly on your PC, 8GB RAM is recommended.How can I make my load faster? ›
- Clear Your Cache. ...
- Free up Space. ...
- Update Your App. ...
- Get System Updates. ...
- Keep Your Device Charged. ...
- Close Background Apps. ...
- Download From Trusted Sources. ...
- Use an Antivirus.
Speed up pregnancy
Sims take around 3 in-game days to give birth, but you can speed that up with these 4 cheats: Make Sim pregnant in first trimester: sims. add_buff buff_pregnancy_trimester1. Make Sim pregnant in second trimester: sims.
Can you overfeed your Sim? ›
“We have some little things like fitness, so sims can naturally change over time in the game,” says The Sims 4's producer Grant Rodiek. “If they overeat they'll become overweight. If they never exercise, they might become overweight. But if you eat healthily or eat properly or you exercise, your sims will lose weight.”Is Black Screen of Death fixable? ›
The Black Screen of Death is usually caused by a software glitch (or Windows Update) but can often be repaired. Black screens that occur seemingly at random are usually the result of a more serious hardware problem. This will require component repair or replacement. Whatever the case, there is almost always a solution.How do I permanently fix the Black Screen of Death? ›
- Fix connection issues with the monitor.
- Refresh the screen via Windows key sequence.
- Roll back the display driver/adapter (via Safe Mode)
- Prompt a System Restore (Automatic Repair mode)
- Refresh the screen via Windows key sequence.
- Restart the Windows Explorer program.
A throbber, also known as a loading icon, is an animated graphical control element used to show that a computer program is performing an action in the background (such as downloading content, conducting intensive calculations or communicating with an external device).How do I reset my IMAC stuck on the loading screen? ›
- Press and hold the power button on your Mac for up to 10 seconds until your Mac turns off. ...
- Turn your Mac back on.
- If the issue persists, press and hold the power button until your Mac turns off. ...
- Turn your Mac back on.
A prohibitory symbol, which looks like a circle with a line or slash through it, means that your startup disk contains a Mac operating system, but it's not a version or build of macOS that your Mac can use.What is Mac black screen of death? ›
Sometimes the black screen on Mac is as a result of corrupt information on the startup disk. A simple solution for this is to force your Mac to run diagnostics on the disk by booting it in safe mode. To start-up in safe mode: Power up or restart your Mac.Why is my iPhone stuck on the loading circle? ›
A black screen with a white spinning wheel means iOS is working on itself. For example, an iOS update may include configuration changes, or the iPhone is trying to recover from a crash. Sometimes the iPhone just doesn't boot iOS properly after showing this.How do I get my iPhone unstuck from the loading screen? ›
On your iPhone 8 or later, including iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation): Press and quickly release the volume up button. Press and quickly release the volume down button. Then press and hold the side button. On your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the side button and volume down button at the same time.How do I fix my iPhone stuck on the loading circle? ›
- Press and release the volume up button quickly.
- Press and release the volume down button quickly.
- Press and hold the power button for a while until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen. Wait for a while and the device will restart.
Why is my iPhone stuck on the loading screen? ›
Update your device's software
Having outdated iOS version in your iPhone can make your iPhone fail to start up. In this case, you will be required to update your iPhone to prevent it from being stuck on the loading screen. One way of updating your software is by using iTunes.
Keep in mind this isn't the type of reset that will erase everything on your smartphone. It basically fully powers off your phone and restarts it, so all your apps, contacts and other important information remains intact. Here are the steps you take to force a restart on your device.What is the cause of the black screen of death? ›
The Black Screen of Death is usually caused by a software glitch (or Windows Update) but can often be repaired. Black screens that occur seemingly at random are usually the result of a more serious hardware problem. This will require component repair or replacement. Whatever the case, there is almost always a solution.How do you reset a frozen iPhone? ›
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button.
- When the Apple logo appears, release the side button.
If you recently downloaded the wrong iOS update or didn't complete a software update on the device, this could be the cause of the iPhone's black screen. Other possible causes of iPhone black screen include a dead battery, app problem, or screen break.
Written byBhaskar. October 7, 2022. 5 minute read. Ghost touch is when your iPhone screen starts functioning on its own. Although touchscreen displays have completely changed the way we use phones, they come with drawbacks.How do I turn on my iPhone 13? ›
Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.Does a force restart on iPhone delete everything? ›
All models of iPhone store your personal data, app settings and work documents in nonvolatile memory. If you shut the phone off, if its battery dies or if it freezes and you need to reboot, you will not lose any data other than any unsaved files you had open at the time.How do I turn off my iPhone 13? ›
Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off.